Wallace Fountain Award
Recognizing Kindness, Generosity and Cooperation for the Human Good
The Wallace Fountain Award is an international honor presented to an individual with a proven record of exceptional generosity who, in the spirit of Sir Richard Wallace, uses personal wealth and resources in partnership with public or non-profit organizations to benefit the common good.
The recipient must be actively involved in an effort to alleviate human suffering and/or inequity caused by a lack of access to essential human needs, education or opportunity, and whose generosity encourages others to make philanthropy a significant part of their life’s work.
The annual award will be presented at a gala dinner honoring the recipient and benefitting Wallace related charities. The first award will be presented in Paris on the 22nd of September 2022 in conjunction with the 150th Anniversary of the first Wallace Fountain. The award presentation will rotate between London and Paris.
The award recipient will be chosen by a panel of distinguished judges.
Criteria for nomination and selection include the following:
1. Nominees must use their personal wealth to support their philanthropy.
2. Nominees must be personally involved in their giving projects.
3. Charitable projects of the nominees must be cooperative activities that meet an essential human need or address the causes of inequity and lack of opportunity.
4. The philanthropist receives no commercial benefit or enrichment from the charitable project.
5. The nominee must be available to attend the award ceremony.
Closing date for letters of nomination is May 31, 2022.
Letters of nomination and inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.